You’ve searched all over the internet to figure out what you need to do to prepare for your boudoir session, am I right? You’ve looked for the perfect boudoir checklist to make sure you are ready when your big day rolls around, only to be left more confused than when you started.
A boudoir session is all about self-love and body positivity, and it is for every BODY, every woman. Think with me now: what are the reasons for getting in front of the camera, in lingerie or your birthday suit? You want to feel empowered, bold, and most importantly, CONFIDENT.
25 Things To Do Before Your St. Augustine Boudoir Photoshoot will walk you through our ultimate boudoir checklist, creating the perfect timeline to make sure you are totally ready and excited about your boudoir session!
Here are 25 things to do before your boudoir photoshoot
1. The very first thing you need to do is stop worrying! You are in good hands with Supernova Boudoir. We are going to primp you and pose you, from your eyelashes to the tips of your toes. All you need to do is use this handy checklist to make sure you are completely prepared for your epic day!
Two Months Before Your Boudoir Shoot
2. Start drinking water daily. Get into the hydration habit now, because your skin will thank you! If you are not a water-drinker, then flavor it! Or try sparking water with lemons or limes. Whatever you need to do to hydrate your body (and thus, your skin!).
3. Start shopping for your 3-5 outfits you want to bring. Make sure to choose items that are flattering, well-fitting, and make you feel beautiful. Avoid outfits that show areas you wish to conceal or feel self-conscious about. For example, I am sensitive about my stomach, so I chose high-waisted panty sets or teddies and bodysuits for my own session. Check out our resource guide for the Five Best Places To Find Affordable Lingerie! And don’t forget to check out my personal favorite place to find inspiration!
4. This is your last opportunity to get any tattoos you want presented in your session. I do not recommend getting tattoos any closer to your session than two months, to give your skin a chance to heal properly. It is next to impossible to edit out scabs and flaky skin on tattoos.
5. If you get waxed or sugared, now is the time to schedule your appointment for 3-5 days before your session.
Two Weeks Before Your Boudoir Shoot
6. Pay a visit to your hair stylist at this time. If you regularly get your hair cut and colored, this is the time to do it, to allow for any color or cut corrections prior to your session. Don’t use this appointment to experiment with your hair! We want you to love your photos, and if you have a haircut or style gone wrong, it could negatively impact your shoot.
7. You don’t have to do this, but… if carbs cause you bloat, cut them out starting about now. We want you to feel good at your session, not uncomfortable. Don’t worry, we have tons of carbs at the studio, so we can have a carb party at the end of your shoot!
8. Try on your outfits and narrow down your choices.
9. Continue to drink a lot of water!
3-5 Days Before Your Session
10. If you wax or sugar, visit your salon or spa and have this done at this time, to give your skin a chance to calm down if you happen to experience any redness or sensitivity.
12. Time to get that mani and pedi!
13. Continue to drink all the water.
The Day Before Your Boudoir Session
14. Keep drinking that water. You are a mermaid.
15. Make double-sure your outfits fit and you want to wear them.
16. Pack your bag with outfits, shoes, and any accessories you want to bring.
17. Wash and blow out your hair right before bed. This is especially important if you have fine hair, so it holds a curl or wave the next day.
18. Moisturize that skin!
19. Get a good night’s sleep!
The Day of Your Session
20. Start your day off with a big ass glass of water.
21. Use clear deodorant.
22. Eat something light but filling. Trust me, you’re going to burn it off. I promise!
23. Wear comfortable, loose clothing prior to arrival at Supernova Boudoir to prevent lines on your skin. I recommend coming braless! You can change privately here.
24. Make sure you leave with plenty of time to arrive, because #traffic.
25. Have a blast! Remember, nerves are normal, but we get out what we bring into a session. So bring your positive affirmations, fearlessness, and badassery!
Some Do’s and Don’ts!
- DON’T spray tan or tan in a tanning bed prior to your session; you should come with your skin looking as natural as possible because that’s when it looks its most beautiful! Spray tans also don’t photograph well and turn out a really orange in camera.\
- DON’T try out a brand new cut or color before your session. Stick with what you know you love!
- DO get outside your comfort zone with at least one outfit. You never know, it might turn out to be the set you love the most, and in fact, most of our clients’ favorite images are the ones outside their comfort zone!
- DON’T worry about being nervous; everyone is at first!
- DO have an absolute blast and set your worries at my door. ❤️
Need help choosing a boudoir photographer? No problem, I go you! Click below to read my own tips for finding the perfect boudoir photographer for you!