OMG, I don’t know what I need to do before my boudoir session!– Every Client Ever
You’ve searched all over the internet to figure out what you need to do to prepare for your boudoir session, am I right? You’ve looked for the perfect boudoir checklist to make sure you are ready when your big day rolls around, only to be left more confused than when you started.
A boudoir session is all about self-love and body positivity, and it is for every BODY, every woman. Think with me now: what are the reasons for getting in front of the camera, in lingerie or your birthday suit? You want to feel empowered, bold, and most importantly, CONFIDENT.
The Ultimate Boudoir Checklist will walk you through the perfect timeline to make sure you are totally ready and excited about your boudoir session!
THIS IS YOUR ULTIMATE BOUDOIR CHECKLIST
The very first thing you need to do is stop worrying! You are in good hands with Supernova Boudoir. We are going to primp you and pose you, from your eyelashes to the tips of your toes. All you need to do is use this handy checklist to make sure you are completely prepared for your epic day!
2 Months Before Your Boudoir Shoot
- Start drinking ALL the water. Get into the hydration habit now, because your skin will thank you!
- Start shopping for your 3-5 outfits you want to wear. Make sure to choose items that are flattering, well-fitting, and make you feel beautiful.
- This is your last opportunity to get any tattoos you want presented in your session. I do not recommend getting tattoos any closer to your session than two months, to give your skin a chance to heal properly. In fact, it’s prohibited per the Client Agreement you sign.
- If you get waxed or sugared, now is the time to schedule your appointment for 3-5 days before your session. I recommend Voda Salon in Herndon, because Heather is amazing!
2 Weeks Before Your Boudoir Shoot
- Visit with your hair stylist at this time. If you regularly get your hair cut and colored, this is the time to do it, to allow for any color or cut corrections prior to your session.
- Begin cutting out carbs and processed sugars to make sure your skin is glowing.
- Try on your outfits and narrow down your choices.
- Continue to drink all the water!
3-5 Days Before Your Session
- If you wax or sugar, visit your salon or spa and have this done at this time, to give your skin a chance to calm down if you happen to experience any redness or sensitivity.
- Time to get that mani and pedi!
- Continue to drink all the water.
The Day Before Your Boudoir Session
- Keep drinking that water. You are a mermaid.
- Make double-sure your outfits fit and you want to wear them.
- Pack your bag with outfits, shoes, and any accessories you want to bring.
- Wash and blow out your hair right before bed. This is especially important if you have fine hair, so it holds a curl or wave the next day.
- Moisturize that skin!
- Get a good night’s sleep! Nobody likes dark circles in photographs.
The Day of Your Session
- Start your day off with a big glass of water.
- Use clear deodorant.
- Eat something light but filling. Trust me, you’re going to burn it off. I promise!
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing prior to arrival at Supernova Boudoir to prevent lines on your skin. I recommend coming braless! You can change privately here.
- Make sure you leave with plenty of time to arrive, because #traffic.
Some Do’s and Don’ts!
- DON’T spray tan or tan in a tanning bed prior to your session; you should come with your skin looking as natural as possible because that’s when it looks its most beautiful! Spray tans also don’t photograph well and turn out a really orange in camera.
- DON’T try out a brand new cut or color before your session. Stick with what you know you love!
- DO get outside your comfort zone with at least one outfit. You never know, it might turn out to be the set you love the most, and in fact, most of our clients’ favorite images are the ones outside their comfort zone!
- DON’T worry about being nervous; everyone is at first!
- DO have an absolute blast and set your worries at my door. ❤️
Need a pinnable guide? No problem! Download it right here.